Junior Eye Care
D.H Thomas Optometrist’s pride ourselves on the care of young eyes. Working closely with Addenbrookes based Orthoptists we comprehensively go beyond the science of eye care and detection of visual defects to practice the art of correcting any resultant problems.
Following the examination of your child’s eyes, using testing methods suitable to their age, our Dispensing Opticians will advise you of the most appropriate form of correction based purely on the individual needs of your child. As part of our comprehensive children’s eye care service we also offer additional tests including the Optomap retinal scan and colorimetry testing.
Did you know?
Common signs of potential problems include;
- One in five children has an undetected eye problem.
- Early detection of visual problems can vastly increase the success of treatment.
- 80% of a child’s learning occurs visually.
- Regular eye examinations could be crucial for your child’s healthcare and personal development.
It is recommended that all children have an eye examination by the age of three.
- Excessive blinking
- Peering closely at books and TV
- Poor performance at school
- Reluctance to read